Inverter generators are far more efficient than conventional generators because of their sophisticated machinery and electronics. Not only they are fuel efficient and provides a much cleaner source of energy but also leads to the much-enhanced user experience. Their mechanism is built in such a way that they automatically adjust the throttle settings of the main machinery to balance their load necessity as per requirements. Also, they produce far less noise as compared to a standard conventional generator. They have less operational cost and maximum output in terms of performance and efficiency thus making them a more environment-friendly choice. But above all, all these advantages are because of a certain framework of machinery upon which they function and operate So let’s have a quick dive into how inverter generators work to fulfill all your energy requirements.
All inverter generators work on the principle of THREE PHASE ALTERNATING CURRENT POWER. What it basically means is that they generate a power output which is an alternating current comprising of three phases at a higher frequency rate. First, the alternating current is converted to a direct current and then again that direct current is converted back to alternating current. This results in a more cleaner energy output often coined by the term of CLEAN POWER or CLEAN ENERGY. This clean energy is more consistent in nature and stable that doesn’t put the electronics at any kind of damage risk. This is because they operate at a stable sine wave and do not result in voltage fluctuation which is often the case with conventional generators. So this makes them more trustworthy when it comes to operating sensitive electronics.
The magnets used in the inverter generators are NEODYMIUM magnets and they are used in place of normal brushes that are used in conventional generators. What these magnets basically do is convert mechanical energy to electrical energy and supply it to different electronics.
Now different users might have different power requirements. So based upon that you can choose from different types of inverter generators available. There are mainly three types of inverter generators available:
- Sine wave inverter generators
- Square wave inverter generators
- Modified sine wave inverter generators
Let’s have a quick look into what each of these types is:
- Sine wave inverter generators: The wave delivered in case of sine wave inverter generators is the same as delivered by a normal conventional generator. The machinery of the sine wave inverter generator is basically machinery built around AC principle and mechanism which by default produces a sine wave energy. They are primarily the most widely used form of inverter generators because by default every generator is a sine wave generator. This is one of the best things about these type of generators as the internal circuitry is known to all and thus you won’t face any difficulty in repairing them. Technically they are simple in terms of construction but might cost a bit more as compared to other generators. But they are far more reliable than any other generator you will find in the market because of their built quality and their durable construction.
- Square wave inverter generators: These type of generators are the most unique ones because they are quite rare and basically power motors such as universal motors that can be primarily found in power tools. They have one main benefit and one main disadvantage. They are pretty cheap and anybody can afford them without giving a second thought. While on the other hand, they are quite difficult to find.
- Modified square wave inverter generator: This is the type of inverter generator which possesses a waveform that is much similar to square wave inverter generator as compared to a sine wave inverter generator. The waveform creates a power output that has a strong frequency inclined towards a square wave rather than a sine wave. These type of generators are not suitable for appliances and devices such as fans, refrigerators, timers, digital clocks, or pump motors. These are also not suitable for devices with temperature control mechanisms. But other than that those devices or appliances which do not fall into the above category might perform well with these type of motors. One must remember that since these generators work on a modified sine wave, they work basically on the principle of customization of sine waveform as per requirement.